Hardanger is a five-hour drive from Oslo, and a one-hour drive from Bergen. The area is easily accessed by car or public transport.
The nearest international airports are in Bergen (BGO) and Haugesund (HAU).
The Bergen Railway connects Oslo and Bergen. www.nsb.no
From Bergen, Voss and Geilo there are bus routes going to Hardanger. www.skyss.no
NOR-WAY bussekspress (express buses) connects Hardanger with Oslo, Sandefjord, Larvik, Kristiansand, Stavanger and Haugesund. www.nor-way.no
Local bus routes from Bergen, Voss and within Hardanger. www.skyss.no
Trolltunga-Preikestolen ekspressen, daily bus connection in July-August connecting Hardanger, Ryfylke and Stavanger. Book your ticket at www.tide.no/fjords
Hardangerfjordekspressen, passenger ferry service between Bergen-Rosendal. www.rodne.no
Fjord Tours offers excellent roundtrips starting in Oslo or Bergen including the Hardangerfjord region. All travel by train, bus and passenger ferries. When ordering you are free to include overnight stops along the route.
• From Bergen: 75 kilometres – 1 hour
• From Haugesund: 120 kilometres – 2 hours
• From Stavanger: 170 kilometres – 3 hours
• From Larvik: 280 kilometres – 4 hours and 30 minutes
• From Oslo: 300 kilometres – 5 hours
• From Kristiansand: 300 kilometres – 5 hours
• From Trondheim: 580 kilometres – 10 hours